Become a Certified HRP in GovCon
Why the Certified HRPGovCon® (cHRPGC®) Is Right for You?
There are thousands of HR Professionals in the every field but only a few have the specialized expertise necessary for Government Contractors. HRPGovCon® believes that those specialized skills, knowledge and abilities should be showcase through a set-apart designation expressly for the Human Resources Professional in the government contracting industry. Our designation will let federal contractors and even their government clients know that you have mastered the breadth and depth of implementing HR functions, strategies and policies for a government contracting firm. Federal Contractors seek knowledgeable HR professionals who prove they can be accountable for HR drivers, metrics, cost and culture while understanding the operational sub-drivers of a contracting business and its impact contract performance.
We literally wrote the book on this topic. In July of 2017, Dawn Boyers, PhD, and a team of senior HR professional in the government contracting, complied a desk reference guide titled “Human Resource Professionals in Government Contracting Guidebook.” This guidebook is the ‘first of its kind’ guide for the cross-over of the Human Resources career field into the Government Contracting industry in the United States. The material covered in the book is based upon Dr. Boyers’ published doctoral research on “Competencies Required of Human Resource Professionals in the Government Contracting Industry.”
Earn your digital badge….
To be eligible for the cHRPGC® you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience:
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position w/ a federal contractor + a Master’s degree or higher, OR
- Have at least five years of experience in a professional-level HR position w/ a federal contractor + a Bachelor’s degree, OR
- Have at least seven years of experience in a professional-level HR position w/ a federal contractor + a High School diploma.
- Exam time: 3 hours
- Exam length: 180 scored questions (mostly multiple-choice)
- Computer-based exam (TBD)
Exam Fee*: $395 + Application Fee: $100
*Once an exam application is approved, no refunds will be made whether a candidate withdraws or no longer wishes to take the exam.
NEXT EXAM DATE: DECEMBER 2021
Exam Virtual Training Class
Training Program: $895 (includes book and training materials)
100% online, instructor led
Course Training: 12 weeks
Effort: 4-6 per week (include class time)
Class Size: 25
- 40-hours of in-depth LIVE virtual training
- HRP in GovCon textbook (valued at $89.00)
- FAR handbook (valued at $55.00)
- Weekly assignments that build in peer interaction
- Virtual & webinar training sessions
- Ongoing instructor support
- Access to a private peer support group
- Practice Exam & Flash Cards
Cathy Price, CDF, SHRM-SCP, cHRPGC, CPC
Principal Consultant & CEO of C.A.P Solutions, LLC dba HRGovCon
NEXT TRAINING DATE: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1, 2018
All certified HRPGC must continue complete credits in professional development within a one (1) year anniversary due to the changing nature of laws and regulations affecting government contractors under a changing congress and presidential administration. Guidelines will be forthcoming.
Valid January 1 thru December 31, 2018
Option 1: Single-payment Plan
Price (*2018 rate): $895.00
Option 2: Multi-payment Plan
Price: $1,074.00 (can be paid in 3 payments @ $358.00/ea)
Must be paid in full by start of training class.
I own (or have regular access to):
- Computer or Laptop (no tablets)
- Internet browser
- secured WiFi access
- Email account
- Audio/Microphone capability
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (free download)
- Windows Media or Real Player
- Word processing program (MS Word preferred)
- Sufficient memory (256MB Ram of more)
- MS Windows version 98 or higher